Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Chewy Granola Bars~A Family Favorite !

I LIKE granola.  Crunchy and yummy!  I LOVE granola BARS....crunchy and yummy. BUT....I ADORE these Chewy Granola Bars. I totally thought I had posted this recipe....ages ago.

   I can't remember where I got the recipe for these. They are easy to make, no-bake, real food...ok except for the rice crispies,  full of oatmeal goodness.  They even have a little bit of chocolate on top.  You can also add-in any favorite you have like raisins, craisins, nuts, peanut butter, more chocolate, dried fruit.




Chewy Granola Bars

2/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. honey
1 stick of butter
pinch of salt
1 t. vanilla
If you like peanut butter, add 2 T.  and melt with the rest of the ingredients.
Place in a saucepan and melt together everything but the vanilla. When it comes to a boil, let it go for 2 minutes. Add the vanilla off the heat.  Stir into the following ingredients that have been mixed in a big bowl.

4 c. rolled oats.....
I take out 2 cups and pulse it in the food processor until it is a little finer.  5 pulses. Add back to the bowl.
2 c. Rice Krispies
Any add-ins you like.
Mix and mix and mix until it is all coated with the honey mixture.

Pour into a greased half-sheet pan and spread evenly.  Take another 1/2 sheet pan and put it on top of the granola mixture and press firmly to compress the bars.  Sprinkle 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips on top and smash again.

Cool for at least 2 hours at room temp. or 15 minutes in the freezer. Cut into bars.
I wrap them in plastic wrap or put each bar in a snack-size ziploc. 
Makes 24 bars.




2 comments: