Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fresh Raspberry Pie







Raspberries are crazy this year! I went out and picked enough for a pie this morning and there are still bunches to get ripe! Yahoo...I love raspberry jam! It feels pretty good to bake this pie from scratch! The recipe comes from Mennonite Girls Can Cook! I love their blog!



Fresh Raspberry Pie


1 baked 9 or 10 inch pie shell
About 4 cups of fresh raspberries


Put the raspberries in the pie shell.

In a microwave safe bowl mix 1 cup sugar, 3T. cornstarch and 1 cup water together. Microwave on high for 2-5 minutes...stirring every minute (It took about 4 minutes in my microwave) until thick. Add 3 T. raspberry jello and stir till dissolved. Let stand for 10 minutes.


Carefully spoon the glaze over the berries. I was fussy and turned my raspberries upside down so the filling wouldn't go in the hole. :)


Refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve with whipped cream!














No comments:

Post a Comment