Friday, June 19, 2009

OMGsh! She's a Rooster!







So....We have been noticing that our hen named Jeaneen has been growing! ALOT! She is way bigger than her sister hen and has more comb and wattles! Well...apparently Jeaneen is now JEAN! A ROOSTER! Jean is such a nice boy that I am going to keep him. I didn't really want a rooster because they are noisy etc. Jean is a very sweet rooster that is very social and is nice to the hens. So he gets to stay! I don't have the heart to give him away! Here is his picture with some other pics of the new coop! Monte did a super great job and I think it's the bomb! I have a nice chair to sit on next to the run so I can watch and listen to the soothing sounds of my peeps! Heaven!

3 comments:

  1. Shelley, The hen house is totally the bomb!!! Monte did a great job on it, and it looks so cute! Makes me want to have one. How many chicks are still alive, and how long til they start laying eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean is very handsome! I am sure he is super happy that you are letting him stay. I love the hen house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 9 hens and jean, the rooster. Hopefully, the ladies will start laying by the mid-part of August!

    ReplyDelete